CONCUSSION SIGNS & SYMPTOMS
A player experiencing any signs or symptoms may have suffered a concussion.
- Appears DAZED or STUNNED
- Appears CONF– — USED about assignment or position
- FORGETS plays
- UNSURE of GAME, SCORE or OPPONENT
- LOSES consciousness (even briefly)
- Shows BEHAVIOR or PERSONALITY CHANGES
- CAN’T RECALL events PRIOR TO or AFTER the HIT or FALL
What coaches should do when a concussion is suspected.
- Remove the athlete from play.
- Ensure the athlete is evaluated immediately by an appropriate health care professional
- Inform the athlete’s parents or guardians of the possible concussion.
- Only allow the athlete to return to participation after he or she is cleared by an appropriate health care professional and institue your leauge’s return-to-play policy